Are you a Senior, Graduate or Professional student graduating in May, August, or December 2022?
On behalf of the Office of Asian Pacific American Student Affairs (APASA), we would like to invite you to help celebrate the 27th Annual APASA Lotus Laureate Graduation Convocation!
Lotus Laureate is a formal ceremony celebrating the accomplishments of APASA and providing personal recognition of graduating Asian Pacific American scholars amongst key University and community leaders from all disciplines. The evening will include guest speakers, cultural performances, and recognition of the Spring, Summer, and Fall 2022 graduates. Please feel free to invite all of your family, friends and supporters to this FREE celebration.
This year's APASA Lotus Laureate Graduation Convocation will be held on:
Saturday, May 07, 2022
Guests: All are welcome!
Cost: FREE, no tickets are required.
To ensure you do not miss this special moment, please reserve your seat(s) by registering online using the links below. Both guests and graduates can register on this site. Please remember that space is limited, so we request that you send in your reservations on or before April 26, 2022 RSVP deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact Kenny Importante at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Information (Spring 2022 Convocation will be IN-PERSON)
Topic: Lotus Laureate & APASA Leadership Awards
Time: May 7, 2022 05:30 PM event starts. 05:00 PM appetizers will be served.
Check with APASA staff for this year's graduation ceremony.
- GRADUATES: All graduates must report between the hours of 5:00pm and 5:15 PM to the South Ballroom at the Student Union Memorial Center (SUMC), located on the 3rd floor. Registration will be at the entrance closest to the elevator. We will also have directional signs.
- We will ask all graduates to start lining up by 5:15pm for the graduate processional. Our staff will make an announcements to remind students to line up at the room next to the South Ball Room. We will start the procession at 5:30pm.
- Appetizers and refreshments will be available for graduates and their guests starting 5:00pm.
- Professional pictures of the graduates will be taken and available for purchase from Grad Images.
- Lotus Laureate is a semi-formal event and graduates may wear traditional dress or semi-formal dress. You may also wear your cap and gown, but it is not mandatory. Most students come in semi-formal attire/ cultural attire with their stoles, and other graduation regalia.
Presentation of Stoles
- You will be announced in alphabetical order by first name.
- As your row is released to the stage, the person/s who will put your stole on you should line up next to you.
- One of the APASA staff/faculty will read your profile and another staff/faculty will wrap the stole over your shoulders.
- You have an option to say a quick 10-15 seconds “thank you”. Please keep it to a quick acknowledgement of who you want to honor to keep us on track.
- For this year, we will not shake people’s hands on the stage to continue with safety of our guests and staff.
- As you exit, there will be another chance to take photos via Grad Images – a 3rd party vendor who will send you proofs after graduation.
- Graduates/Guests: All metered parking and garages will be available for free parking during the event. It is typical that the Second Street Garage will be free during the ceremonies.